Skip to content

Feedback and Ideas for QuickPlan

204 results found

1. excel mac

On my iPad I can export to Excel. On Mac I have a CSV option. The excel export would be very welcome at Mac OS version of QuickPlan.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Immutable start/end for tasks or milestones

It would be great to have the ability for a task or milestone to have date properties that can’t be changed. Example is if I put a release date that we have to move toward, we would rather change the scope than the date. Can this be done if not, let’s add it as a feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The major purpose of a task link is for rescheduling.
    - If we are working on the initial schedule, I don’t suggest to add task link before finalize
    - If we are working on rescheduling, if we need to block the link, that means the task link is not useful (or not be created correctly)

Also blocking a task will cause the users confused by themselves:
    - When moving a task group, if one sub task be blocked, the behavior will confuse the user
    - Also similar when change the project start date
    - Also this topic is about task link

3. Is it possible to let Team members work on my projects with their own accounts

Is it possible to share a project and let members from my team work on it from their devices using their own login details?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the idea – this is about team collaboration.

A PROJECT is a FILE – QuickPlan stores a project as a .qpp file.

To do team collaboration:
    - We can develop a team collaboration system for QuickPlan only. And we will have to charge the users like 1? USD per user per months, and the security project data created by the users will be saved on our server … – this is another business. Not suitable for the enterprise users.
    - Or. There are many existing collaboration platforms for team collaboration based on file sync. Like MS Sharepoint server for enterprise; or the common cloud storage service for example Dropbox for team, Google Drive to do basic file based team collaboration. The suggested solution is to use QuickPlan for macOS, and to sync .qpp files with your team members, with access controlling provided by the platforms of Dropbox, …

4. Publish it in web app while user will use it from a browser and set monthly fee per user

I love quickplan. I searched a lot before i chose it. I own a 20 people company and i need to let 3 persons work on this as we do currently with ourgoogle spreadsheets. If you make it work in windows/android or make a web version where user will be able to use it from his browser it would be perfect and companies could afford a low monthly fee fir using it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

QuickPlan is not the online service.
    - QuickPlan is focusing to be the MOST EFFICIENT project planning app, to be simple and easy for use.
    - Project data are sensitive and owned by the users, QuickPlan does not store the user’s data on our server for SECURITY REASON

5. Multi platform functioning

Is there any plans for a Windows app to be available as well as an android app? I love this app but would love to use at my desktop computer and than sync to my android phone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Resource allocation – Summary report of project member allocation

Resource allocation – Summary report of project member allocation
    Please make this available in pdf. I am using Macbook pro and as I understand I can not export a excel file . It would be nice to be able to sent to the different resources their tasks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I’d like to let you know that we have just released the Resource Report app for the macOS. The app helps to create the work and cost report based on the project members, which is being enhanced continuously and we prefer to combine it into QuickPlan for macOS app after finalized the features. Please help to check out the details at https://goplan.app/lab/resource-report/

Best,

Philip

7. Team members

Team members

Is iT possible to add group or teams
    Sales-team etc...

Add option to add a group from me Contacts-app

I have 4 people in me Sales group om me contacts
    Adding them could be a lot faster than adding individual

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the idea.

QuickPlan for iOS supports to import from iOS contact (QuickPlan for macOS supports to drag for macOS contact into QuickPlan). can you try this way to add project member.

The iOS contact should support to input rapidly (as it’s designed for contacts).

Best Regards,

Philip

8. Resource assignment view

Dear Team,
    I'm not able to see the resource assignment view; how is it possible to check if a resource is available and when?

It would be useful also to have a resource assignment view not only for a single project but for more projects.

Also the possibility to filter for the contents of a column would be nice.

The look&feel and usability is great!

Best regards
    Marco

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the ideas.

Would you please try exporting to excel file, there is sheet include resource allocation report?

And when display project tasks in LIST style, some column support sorting, can you please check it?

Best Regards,

Philip

9. Full Google Integration

These Apps are wonderful for those only in the Apple Ecosystem, but I and many others use Apple devices with both Apple and Google interchangeably. The Today Widget is only for Apple devices, whereas it is already possible to open Excel files and Word documents in Google Sheets and Google Docs as well as exporting to Excel and Word from Google formats. Saving and syncing to Google Drive is necessary in my opinion for the future of these apps. I use Apple and Android mobile and iMac now with both iCloud and Google Drive. On all of these, I exclusively…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PDF export improvements

Thanks for an outstandig planning app!
    We use the pdf export quite often. When exporting the timeline to a A3 sheet, most of the time the app divides the timeline into two sheets. Not a real problem but I prefer my timelines on one sheet. To do that I select an A2 sheet instead of an A3 sheet. This solves the issue most of the times.
    There's one issue though: When printing the timeline on a A3, text is projected with a (for example) 12 p fontsize. This fontsize does not have to increase when printing on a A2. The…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Actual Start and actual finish columns

Against the task, currently we have start and finish columns. I assume that these are planned columns. To measure our actual work against plan, if you add actual start and actual finish columns that will be really beneficial to measure project schedule performance.
    Thanks.
    Hshahid@msn.com

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Great Job

The simplicity and flexibility of this app has really improved my planning workflow. Thank you for the hard work.

Syncing between devices is my only real frustration, but I understand this is probably the apple iCloud side.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the feedback.

iCloud Drive sync operations can be very simple:

- On macOS, in the QuickPlan iCloud Drive folder, open the .qpp file by QuickPlan for macOS app, edit and save
    - After seconds/minutes/… (speed is up to iOS, network, macOS …), open the file on the iOS device via QuickPlan for iPad/iPhone

The user manual of iCloud Drive sync at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/quickplan-for-ios/user-manual/project-sync-via-icloud-drive/ may emphasize the risk more.

Best Regards,

Philip

13. iPad Keyboard Shortcuts

This app looks wonderful on an iPad, however, it could be so much more efficient if it supported keyboard shortcuts. There are some very basic shortcuts that would substantially improve the app. For example, "delete" to delete a task, arrow keys to move between tasks, etc. Even a few basic ones to start would be very helpful!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. facility to set text colour

Fantastic planning tool but with a presentation issue.
    The ability to optionally set the default text colour to black to override situations when white text is the default on some task bars.
    White text doesn't make for easy readability.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks the idea.

I suppose that you display the schedule via project, as the color limitation of the project, it’s not easy to ready the text on Gantt chart.

I’d like that the users will NOT to care about this, the app will to change the text color if needed. Would you please help to let me know when the white text is not easy to read (what’s the background)?

Thanks,

15. iCal

It would be great to be able to export to iCal & have a customisable toolbar at the top for a button to add as iCal event

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resources with more units

It would be great to have the option to assign resources with more units i.e. 5 Workers to a task and see the right working times and costs.
    At the moment I have to assign those 5 workers individualy to achieve this.

BR
    Nanning

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the idea.

This feature may help some users, the concern is that it may confuse other users.

And it’s not very hard to select more users by using QuickPlan

Best Regards,

Philip

17. Hours / Mins as duration unit

Your competitors allow this. Your zoomable interface would seem to be perfect for presenting tasks which take less than 1 day.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A complicated topic, would you please help to check following two articles:

- The best practices about task duration
    https://quickplan.app/documents/best-practices/task-duration

- Why choose project schedule app
    https://goplan.app/questions/general/project-schedule
    =====

We have just released another app which is for Roadmap planning. I’d like to suggest to use the Roadmap app for your short-term activity schedule!

Using Roadmap app, we have created an example for the agenda of WWDC (Apple Worldwide Developers Conference) 2018, please check out the details at https://roadmapgo.com/documents/examples.

Download the Roadmap apps at https://roadmapgo.com/getapps

(Roadmap app is very flexible, although it’s designed for the product/business roadmap planning, you will find it’s very flexible for other types of plan)

Please pay attention:
    - Roadmap is NOT another version of QuickPlan. Check out the details at https://roadmapgo.com/info/to-quickplan-users
    - We can use Roadmap app for other purpose like the agenda planning, but Roadmap is designed for roadmap planning which is not for…

18. Custom field to filter

When having large projects, getting overview is my main issue. One way of clustering is to have the indentation (grouping in the gantt chart). Issue for me is, that depending on the situation, I want to see a different clustering. Having a custom field (better even two) available per task would give the possibility to store custom tag. Functionality to filter on these tags would give me the option to have clear overview on my project. Making these tag fields available in the export would allow me to make my custom reports on project status from a single data source.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. hide tasks

It would be interesting that the project could hide tasks, so when a task is already done it can be hidden to have cleaner.
    Thus if later you want to see all tasks performed, samples again and would be more functional.

Thank you

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea.

Freely Hiding tasks is a good feature for common GTD apps, for the TREE structure task management app, this feature may confuse users and there are some logic problems:
    - The data of task group will be strange if some sub tasks be hidden
    - Changing task outline level will behaviour problem, if we outdent or indent a task which previous task be hidden, TREE will be broken or app display incorrectly
    - Considering task link, hiding task will also cause moving be hard to understand
    - Also changing sequence will be a problem

I think the purpose of the idea is to hide the completed tasks, QuickPlan 8.0 (http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/releasenotes/quickplanhd80/) will supports to display tasks in LIST style, when in list view, we can sort the tasks by some columns include the complete rate, this may be the feature helpful

Please don’t hesitate…

20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)