Give feedback!

PDF export improvements

Thanks for an outstandig planning app!
We use the pdf export quite often. When exporting the timeline to a A3 sheet, most of the time the app divides the timeline into two sheets. Not a real problem but I prefer my timelines on one sheet. To do that I select an A2 sheet instead of an A3 sheet. This solves the issue most of the times.
There's one issue though: When printing the timeline on a A3, text is projected with a (for example) 12 p fontsize. This fontsize does not have to increase when printing on a A2. The fontsize can stay 12 p.
If you can realize this, a larger area of the sheet can be used for columns or for more details. Most of the time my timelines are that large, the print-out shows weeks only. For me it would be a great improvement when the timeline shows days also. Especially when exporting to larger sheets.

Thank you! Keep up the good work.

Geert Willems

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Geert WillemsGeert Willems shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    MobilinkedAdminMobilinked (Li, Mobilinked) responded  · 

Hello,

Thanks for the ideas.

The nature of the project schedule size may be very large, this will be a very touch case sometimes if we want to print it on a small paper.

(It is NOT like most of other apps, like drawing apps, the drawing area is limited, so the nature of the result size is limited)

Even a human sometimes has no way to make it (a very big size of project schedule, print on a small paper, to keep all the content be clear and visible).

Like your case, it is a problem for some users as the text on the paper is not clear (as the printer need to zoom it). But it may not be a problem if printing it using a printer with very high DPI

An option to change the text font sometimes work well – we will test it.

Another issue you mentioned is the “weekly” timescale. As you select A2, the app will help to adjust the timescale to try the outpouring in one page. One solution for you if you have QuickPlan for mac – just exporting in one page (select “auto” page size), the mac device has strong hardware resource, QuickPlan is able to create a PDF file with very large page size. Then on the mac, you can use 3rd apps to print the PDF files as needs.

Best Regards,

Philip

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service