Skip to content

Feedback and Ideas for QuickPlan

206 results found

1. Full Google Integration

These Apps are wonderful for those only in the Apple Ecosystem, but I and many others use Apple devices with both Apple and Google interchangeably. The Today Widget is only for Apple devices, whereas it is already possible to open Excel files and Word documents in Google Sheets and Google Docs as well as exporting to Excel and Word from Google formats. Saving and syncing to Google Drive is necessary in my opinion for the future of these apps. I use Apple and Android mobile and iMac now with both iCloud and Google Drive. On all of these, I exclusively…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. PDF export improvements

Thanks for an outstandig planning app!
    We use the pdf export quite often. When exporting the timeline to a A3 sheet, most of the time the app divides the timeline into two sheets. Not a real problem but I prefer my timelines on one sheet. To do that I select an A2 sheet instead of an A3 sheet. This solves the issue most of the times.
    There's one issue though: When printing the timeline on a A3, text is projected with a (for example) 12 p fontsize. This fontsize does not have to increase when printing on a A2. The…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Resource assignment view

Dear Team,
    I'm not able to see the resource assignment view; how is it possible to check if a resource is available and when?

It would be useful also to have a resource assignment view not only for a single project but for more projects.

Also the possibility to filter for the contents of a column would be nice.

The look&feel and usability is great!

Best regards
    Marco

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the ideas.

Would you please try exporting to excel file, there is sheet include resource allocation report?

And when display project tasks in LIST style, some column support sorting, can you please check it?

Best Regards,

Philip

4. iCal

It would be great to be able to export to iCal & have a customisable toolbar at the top for a button to add as iCal event

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom field to filter

When having large projects, getting overview is my main issue. One way of clustering is to have the indentation (grouping in the gantt chart). Issue for me is, that depending on the situation, I want to see a different clustering. Having a custom field (better even two) available per task would give the possibility to store custom tag. Functionality to filter on these tags would give me the option to have clear overview on my project. Making these tag fields available in the export would allow me to make my custom reports on project status from a single data source.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hide tasks

It would be interesting that the project could hide tasks, so when a task is already done it can be hidden to have cleaner.
    Thus if later you want to see all tasks performed, samples again and would be more functional.

Thank you

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea.

Freely Hiding tasks is a good feature for common GTD apps, for the TREE structure task management app, this feature may confuse users and there are some logic problems:
    - The data of task group will be strange if some sub tasks be hidden
    - Changing task outline level will behaviour problem, if we outdent or indent a task which previous task be hidden, TREE will be broken or app display incorrectly
    - Considering task link, hiding task will also cause moving be hard to understand
    - Also changing sequence will be a problem

I think the purpose of the idea is to hide the completed tasks, QuickPlan 8.0 (http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/releasenotes/quickplanhd80/) will supports to display tasks in LIST style, when in list view, we can sort the tasks by some columns include the complete rate, this may be the feature helpful

Please don’t hesitate…

7. Enhance Notes

Microsoft Project has a nice note section where you can format bullets and fonts. It would be nice to enhance this section as I find that I add a lot as the project progresses and then have a way to export the notes that are connected to each task to see all the notes at once...maybe even have a notes view that shows all the notes at a glance.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

QuickPlan now includes two URL task fields, we can use it to link to a file on the Web (or other app if possible)

We don’t suggest to include (attach) more content in a project file – let’s make the project schedule focus on project scheduling, and leave the documentation work in the documents (like requirements in requirement documents)

8. Translate to others languages

Hi,

I understand English, but I think it would be fine if the app offers to you select a different language. In my case Spanish.

I Think I could help you with that language.

Bye!.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Updates:
    I would like to inform you that we have completed the localization of QuickPlan for iPad for the German, French, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese languages, and you can install the beta version from https://testflight.apple.com/join/mQfTM8gA via the Apple TestFlight service. Your comments are very welcome.

Best Regards,
    Philip

9. Select date range for (pdf) export

I export to PDF for printing. Would be helpful to export only a portion of the plan, based on date range. thanks, Lander

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Repeating tasks

Identical Tasks wich come back on different weeks / months. In this version you need to create each task in a different taskbar. IT would-be an amazing improvement for maintenace and facility management.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

QuickPlan shows one row in the outline (list) panel and the chart panel. Multiple tasks in one taskbar will cause the information in the outline row to be in a mess (for example to show the %comp, or cost …)

We’d like to suggest if you can organize the repeated tasks in a sub-project, so it can just show as one task in the major project.

==
    If you need an app for the high-level plans such as product/business roadmap, would you please help to check the new app at https://roadmapgo.com

11. Linking of item groups

It would really help to link groups together- it is easier to link last task of one group with first task of the other to maintain group order

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Layout Option for iPad Org Chart

Please consider giving us the option of a circular layout. For some businesses like mine it is helpful to use all 360 degrees of room to draw out a team hierarchy. Ideally a 3 dimensional bubble chart program would be best, like designing a molecular map, but I haven't seen one yet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. comment column

it would be great to have one extra optional column per task allowing additional information - like a more detailed description. The current set up is good for management but not good for providing simple reports to those not as familiar with the work stream.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attach to a box file

If I task someone to review a repor, pdf, word, etc can I attach a link to this files so they can go get the actual report ?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hobby Tools

I use this as a tool for working on hobby projects. Three things that would be awesome
    1) Share Option for individual tasks (especially task completion) to social media sites (I.e. Facebook)
    2) notes section in each task where I can store more information (I.e. Part numbers, notes, 140 characters or less)
    3) link pictures to task. That way I can have a cool history of the project, and share the task completion and pictures as I go.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Archive task when job is done

By having 20 of task in a month linked to team resource It would be useful to make the tasks done to be archived to a group task (now I have to displace it manually and it takes too much time and to relate it is not the way to do)

Resource gant is missing, that will be useful to attribute new task without conflict ( tasks on one column)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Figée les délais entre deux tâches

Serait il possible de figer les flèches entre deux tâches afin que lorsqu'on bouge la tâche tout suive.

Cordialement

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Access from a computer

I would love to also have access to my plans on my computer, on a cloud or web base!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shade weekend days

It would be great to have weekends shaded when viewing the gantt at the week level - it would make it very easy to visually determine how long tasks are and to mentally group them into weekly batches. Also include the shading in the PDF and XLS export files.

I prefer this to removing weekends as it maintains duration scale - actual duration is correctly reflected with the gaps for weekends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Color of non working days either adjustable or darker

Either on the iPad or the iPhone the Color of the non working days is to much the same as the week days, i really cant see the difference.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea.

When the timeline is at “day” scale (change it on the toolbar), the background color of the working days and non-working days are different. Would you please help to check it?

Best regards,

Philip

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Ideas for QuickPlan

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base