Estimate? I think you mean "WORK" or "COST", there is no problem to input task work as 1 hour.
(to let the member be flexible, for a task with one hour of work, we can define the task as "to be completed in one DAY with one HOUR efforts"
We will continue to way that QuickPlan to help planning well (than just providing features).
For the design consideration, please check out the article "about task duration" in the best practices at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/best-practices/
- Cost be impacted by resource, resource allocation rate, and duration. One task with 1 hour duration which be assigned to a resource == One task with 1 day duration which be assigned to a resource by 1/8 efforts
- Thinking if we are working for a schedule, or just a document
- Really are working for project schedule, or agenda, or todo
- For agenda, please download iAgenda app which is free not
Please can you check out the article "about task duration" in the best practices at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/best-practices/
To change task link behavior, please tap the project name on the toolbar.
About task link, would please check out following the comments?
Although MS project is a very good app for project schedule, we may find we have big trouble to use it.
QuickPlan is NOT to clone MS project, we are working the app for most of the user cases, with the best user experience, based on Project management experts.
Task link is very important for the project apps which is hard for the use to lay out tasks and to change tasks. BUT QuickPlan changing the game.
You may find that QuickPlan does not support the same task link types as MS Project:
- QuickPlan just support "Start to Finish" task link.
- QuickPlan supports another link behavior called "list tasks", this task link is not used by other apps. But many of our users like this way as it's just intuitive as they expected
Our design consideration is that:
- QuickPlan is the app which makes lay out tasks much more easier than any other schedule app (say 10+ times efficiency improvement than other apps). Using QuickPlan, change task schedule (re-schedule) is much more easier than before.
- We have an article talking about task structure, would you please help to check it at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/best-practices/structure-of-project-tasks/ ?
- For the case when using the apps which are very hard to lay out tasks, task link will be helpful for efficiency when changing task date. But actually it does not help more as we still need to check the resource, time and ...
With time using QuickPlan, we may find:
- There is no more needs to use the complicated task links for project schedule using QuickPlan
- Organize tasks well in groups and sub projects will be the better solution
THE APP is to help MAKING COMPLICATED be SIMPLE, not to show how professional the PM is
(Of cause task links are still useful that's why QuickPlan supports part of it, my suggestion is trying to avoid using it)
QuickPlan for macOS supports to export project by date range, with option to control if need to clip or not. See more details at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/quickplan-for-mac/release-notes/quickplan-for-macos-2-0/. Free trial version is at http://QuickPlan.xyz/trial
I’d like to let you know that QuickPlan for iPad 8.2 will provides an option to change the text size on the Gantt chart. Please check out the release notes at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/quickplan-for-ios/releasenotes/quickplan-for-ipad-iphone-8-2
Now the beta of next version is ready, please contact me if you want to get the app earlier by downloading the beta version via App Store Test Flight service?
No, QuickPlan for iPad / iPhone does not provides the option to adjust text font.
And would you please help to share more your concern about font size, like which part of the text font size you think is smaller than expectation?
From QuickPlan 6.0, there is a new column “to be %” which is used to show the “to be complete rate”, you can just compare it with the actual “% complete” for the purpose.
QuickPlan supports to show task in LIST style, with pre-config filtering of later tasks.
Please check out the details at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/quickplan-for-ios/releasenotes/quickplanhd80/
AND, it's a complicated topic about why there is no something to set the task be delay status:
********** Project schedule is NOT project TODO ***********
Project schedule should reflect reality, that means if tasks be later, the tasks should be rescheduled. (if a task is later, the team should communicate about the task, and reschedule it, to make the task executable)
That means if project schedule be tracked well (of cause, for a project, we need to track project well), there is no active task which is delay
*********** Some users are using QuickPlan to maintain TODO tasks ***********
Yes QuickPlan does better than many other todo apps even for maintaining todo tasks, but QuickPlan the major design purpose is for project schedule. We may do something to make QuickPlan be better for todo if it will not impact the major purpose of project schedule
********* Think ************
Some users may need a GANTT APP for TODO tasks, but there is not any good one for it.
14 votesAdminMobilinked (Li, Mobilinked) responded
I’d like to update the status of the idea:
QuickPlan for macOS 2.0 beta ready, include exporting by date range (then we can export to PDF file), please check out the details at http://www.quickplan.xyz/documents/quickplan-for-mac/release-notes/quickplan-for-macos-2-0/
This functionality is only ready for macOS edition now. (the FREE trial is ready at http://quickplan.xyz/trial, please try it for a temp solution if not plan to purchase it)
And it will be ready with next iPad version this year.
(We have released 20+ version of QuickPlan for iPad in the last years, I'd like not to release new versions too frequently for the iOS edition if no more big enhancements, as the app is very complicated now, a new version will cost much, but we did not charge the users again)
About hide/show tasks option:
This will cause logic problem, for example if hide a task, the users will be confused for strange task link display and task group display.
Thanks the idea.
Locking specific tasks will cause logic problem
- If one task in a group is locked, when move task group (change group task start date), logic issue
- If tasks be linked, but one is locked, when move predecessor task, logic issue
- If to change the start date of whole project, what will happen
Project schedule is NOT todo tasks. Project schedule should guide the team how to execute (when, who, depends, cost ...), AND the project schedule should reflect the reality of the project, that means if the tasks schedule to be completed before today, but not completed before today, the project schedule should be rescheduled, that means all the tasks planned to be completed before today should be completed. There is no need to lock task like a TODO app.
Or there is something hidden which caused me not get your real pain points for project schedule
I’d like let you know that the first beta version of QuickPlan for Mac is ready for downloading, would you please help to check the simple release notes at http://quickplan.mobilinked.biz/quickplanosx/ for the installation and simple operation guide?
QuickPlan sync projects via iCloud Drive, managed by iOS and macOS - it's automatical.
I suppose what you mean is that when opening a project at iPad and iPhone together, edit on one device, then other device will reflect.
This is impossible as the tasks in project schedule are tightly related in tree structure, give an example, when removing a group on one device, and at same time adding a new to the group, what the app to do?
Project schedule manages much more complex data than calendar app.
Thanks the idea.
We intend to develop QuickPlan for Mac, Windows 10. Right now, we have no interested in developing it for Android. As the project schedule is very complicated operation on the device, QuickPlan is to delivery a simple and intuitive interface for the complexity, we need focus on limited screen size devices.